Sunday, August 13, 2023

THE GENERAL AND I WENT FOR A DRIVE-PART ONE, OVERLOOKING CAWSTON AND KEREMEOS.

 I wanted to check out some old trails and investigate some new areas so I took our Polaris General and went up Grand Oro logging road.  There has been extensive logging since I was last there and it has changed the landscape considerably.  At times nothing seemed familiar.  I did find my way down the other side of the mountain to the incredible overlook view of the Similkameen Valley and the twin communities of Cawston and Keremeos.

Ruffed Grouse

Ruffed Grouse

Ruffed Grouse

Cawston orchards.

Hayfields, orchards and vineyards.

Nice house with a vineyard.

Orchards and vineyards.

Circular irrigation.

Cawston with a blooming rabbit bush.

Cawston and the Similkameen Valley.

Keremeos and the Similkameen Valley.

Cawston on the left and Keremeos on the right.  The pano shot has curved the valley, it's actually straight.

A ranch in the middle of the orchards and vineyards.

Teeing off over Keremeos,I thought the golf ball someone left there was a neat touch.


No comments:

Post a Comment