Sunday, March 28, 2021



We closed on the new home March 18th.  We supposedly take possession April 30.  Progress is being made with the drywall finisher being there most days.  Some of the outside finishing continues as well.  Since our unit was delivered, two more have arrived so the crews will be very busy there for several weeks.  Deer Park Estates is complete now as all 102 lots are occupied.

Aileen has been working in the gardens cleaning up and doing some planting.  I have been constructing new deer proof garden enclosures.  Nice to have something to do outside at this point.

I made a trip up to Salmon Arm to collect our mail so I could submit the income tax stuff.  I have started changing our address over to our place but will continue to have some mail go to the Salmon Arm address since it is still available.

I have picked up a couple of geocaches so far and as the snow retreats at the higher elevations hope to get more active.  Once we get possession of the house outside activities will have to compete with making it our home.

One of Karen's orchids against an abstract painting 

Those are all tiny individual orchid flowers against the same painting.

First daffodil at Karen's

Outside progress on the lot

Buttercups yesterday

An old dump rake just like the one I used to ride on when I was about six.  I had to jump down from the seat every time I had to step on the trip lever.

Lichen on a rock yesterday when I was climbing up the mountain.  The rock is over two feet in each direction.  From a distance I thought it was a cut log end.

The view over St. Andrew's golf course from the top.

More buttercups from yesterday

Monday, March 15, 2021



Well, the big day finally arrived and our new house was delivered to the lot.  It seems like a long time since we began the process.  We were up and out the door early this morning suspecting the truckers might have moved in the dark to avoid the Kelowna rush hour traffic.  Sure enough, as we approached the park, one unit was parked just off the highway.  The other one was already on the lot but still hooked to the truck.  We enjoyed watching the whole process which turned out to be pretty slick.  The only downside was the strong NE wind that chilled us to the bone.

We moved back in to the motorhome this past Friday.  We will probably be in the motorhome until sometime in May.  The company is saying they think they need another six weeks to complete the finishing inside and the deck and carport.  We’ll see how close they are to their timing.  Somewhere along there we need to have our appliances delivered and we need to buy a couple of mattresses and box springs to go with our bed frames.  After we get moved in, we will figure out what other furnishings we need to look for.

I’m looking forward to flower season.  So far we’ve seen a few buttercups and this morning when Aileen walked up the river from the lot she saw a yellow bell (fritillary) bloom.  I hope to get the timing right for going up to the flower meadows we discovered last spring.

The front half arriving

The back half being lifted off the dolly

Then they put these rails out that the unit is slid in on.

Partway in

The roller setup.  The bottom rollers are for moving it to the side while the top ones are for moving it length way.  These are so effective that one person was able to move it length way and two pushed it in.  I got it on video with my phone but I haven't been able to download them to my computer.

Backing the front section in between the neighbour and the porta potty.

Starting to slide them in together

Protective coverings removed ready to mate.