Sunday, May 25, 2014

EAGLE PORTRAIT and WE GO TO A YARD SALE TO VISIT FRIENDS

I was sitting at my computer the other evening when I saw this Red Breasted Sapsucker in the maple tree about twelve feet away.  He was very difficult to get a good shot of as it was getting dark and he wouldn't sit still

I went with Aileen and friend Bev D went up to French Creek Marina Friday evening and spotted this semi mature Bald Eagle on top of a fish boat mast.  This is hand held at the 35 mm equivalent of 1200mm!  I was resting my camera against a metal crane lifting station and my skepticism about the capability of this Canon SX50 has been vanquished.

This is a crop from the above photo 

We drove up to Campbell River yesterday to give Cousin Bill some help with his garage sale.  Our friends Barb and Maynard and Gay and Doug also came over to help so we got to have a good visit with them as well.  They have been friends of Bill for many years and ours for a few.  This image shows some happy customers packing away their loot.

I spotted these wild yellow irises while walking Mitzy

An old garden shed in Bill's back yard


1 comment:

  1. Great eagle pictures! I love my SX50 so much that I have given away my Canon SLR outfit to one of the kids:)

    ReplyDelete