Friday, April 13, 2012

PREPARING TO MOVE ON


After nearly six weeks on Vancouver Island, it is time to hit the road again.  We need to get ourselves up to Salmon Arm and get our income taxes completed.  It will be nice to connect with family and friends while there.  Aileen has still been struggling with back spasms mostly likely connected to her MS.  We have made two trips to Victoria to see an acupuncturist which she feels is helping.  She has another appointment on Monday so we are going to move down to Victoria (actually Sidney) and Oceanside RV Park for Sunday and Monday nights.  We are hoping to get together with Richard, Robin and Georgia for supper one evening.  We will catch a ferry to the mainland Tuesday morning.
I have been continuing to have clean up fires out in Charlie’s bush even though Aileen is the real firebug.  I have been impressed with what I have accomplished but at the expense of lots of sore spots.  No pain, no gain, right?  I bet most work campers don’t sweat as much as I have though!
Aileen and her friend Bev D from Victoria (who was in Parksville to visit her mother) got together the other day for lunch and some shopping and had a great visit. 
I packaged up my Canon 5D Mark 2 and Aileen mailed it away for me.  I hope it isn’t away too long as I much prefer it to my little Canon Rebel.  I’m having it returned to Bev’s in Salmon Arm so it would be nice if it arrives while we are still there.   Today’s pictures were taken on April 4th while waiting for Aileen at her doctor’s appointment in Victoria.
This is Dragon Alley which is how Aileen accesses her acupuncturist's office

This the view after turning the first corner

The entry gate to Victoria's China Town 



Some murals

A couple blocks from China Town, old Victoria has its back alleys with boutique shops

No comments:

Post a Comment