Friday, December 1, 2023

CONTINUING OUR JOURNEY SOUTHWARD, TONIGHT WE'RE IN TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES, NEW MEXICO.

 We left our Milan RV Park this morning and headed east on bumpy I-40.  Rather than go through Albuquerque, I noticed Hwy 6 bypassing it to the south.  It was a good choice as it was nearly new pavement and very little traffic.  I-40 has a lot of truck traffic.  We arrived in T or S about 3 pm.  

This post will have a few of our photos of the Bisti Badlands and there will be more next time I post.  For the next few days once we get to SE Arizona, the internet might be spotty so I don't know if I will be able to post as often as I would like.

Spotted on our walk this evening.

This Loggerhead Shrike was just behind the motorhome on our first morning at Bisti.

If you look at aerial photos of this area, the red hills really show up.

I call this the conductor.  Not that I'm comparing it to Crissy, Tim and Rita!







Petrified tree.

Petrified tree.


Many hands make light work.  


Aileen took this of me at the Cracked Eggs.  They're also called the Alien Egg Hatchery.



2 comments:

  1. Otherworldly! And that's even before looking up why this town's called "Truth or Consequences".... - Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are having a wonderful trip. We are so pleased that you are headed into the warm again. Merry Xmas from Bev and Dan

    ReplyDelete