Saturday, November 4, 2023

EXPLORING COWBOY COUNTRY AND SOME WILDLIFE APPEARED.

 I went up I-70 east of here and took the first road to the right which took me in behind Grand Mesa.   There were signs indicating that it was beef and cowboy territory and I saw many ranches and got caught up in two large cattle drives.  The little town of Collbran has a decided western feel and there were lots of old timers with big cowboy hats visible as I drove through.

One of several bighorn ewes I saw in the morning.

Shot through the windshield, sticking his tongue out at me.

Nice four point and it is still hunting season.

It is winter in any sheltered spot.

A Colorado high country driveway.

There were a few old relics remaining.


This was a long shot because it was on private property.  I wonder if it was a house of maybe a church or school originally.





Always lots of interesting rock features.


Bighorns alongside the highway.


I saw this big old guy skylined.


Then he proceeded to come down the hill.



No comments:

Post a Comment