Sunday, October 8, 2023

MORE BIRDS AND MORE COLOUR.

 The colour along our river trail is getting pretty nice.  A couple days ago we took the General for a ride up in the Burnell Lake area and found a bit of nice colour in spots.   That was what we did special for our 56th anniversary.

We took a road trip today over to Princeton then returned via the Princeton-Summerland Road.  There was some beautiful colour in the Princeton to Osprey Lake area.  Those photos will be posted in a few days.  Things are busy around here so I haven't been keeping up with editing my photos.

This was one of those split second things where I saw the eagle flying down the river just before he got opposite me.  Luckily my exposure was set for the light and I just threw my camera up to my eye and hoped for the best.

Sumac.

I surprised this Mallard hen and rather than take flight, she decided to brazen it out.

Black-capped Chickadee in late evening light.

Okanagan River.

Sumac up in the hills near Burnell Lake.

Up in the hills near Burnell Lake.

Close call!

Up in the hills near Burnell Lake.

Western Bluebird near Burnell Lake.

Burnell Lake.

Burnell Lake.

Sandhill Cranes heading south.  Notice the second from the left appears to have four winds?  There were two merging and in the next photo you can see two different cranes.


1 comment:

  1. Wishing you both a belated Happy 56th Anniversary.
    Beautiful pictures as always. Definitely a lucky shot of the Eagle.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete