Wednesday, December 22, 2021

ICE IN THE OKANAGAN RIVER

 Aileen told me about some neat ice formations in the river when she returned from her walk this morning so I dressed warmly for the nasty wind and headed out with my big old camera with the 100-400 zoom  attached.  I came home with a goodly number of images.

We went for over a week with no snow on the ground and finally on the 18th we got about 4 inches of really fluffy snow.  During that week I got out for a few geocaches and several people were finding some of mine.  

Aileen has had some pretty rough days but I did manage to take her up to visit Karen on Sunday for a little while.  Most of my outings seem to consist of the necessary shopping which is my job in this house.

Below are a few of my photos from this morning.  We were down to -13C for a couple of days but back up to -1C this afternoon and the forecast says maybe above zero tomorrow.  They keep forecasting snow but it doesn't usually happen for us.  Maybe tonight?   They are forecasting lows down to -21C next week!

Looks like we're on our own for Christmas this year.


























No comments:

Post a Comment