Wednesday, May 27, 2015

ATV SCOUTING RIDE

My friend Ernie, who I met through the Alberni Valley Hillclimbers Quad Club, needed a partner to accompany him when he did a trail research and reconnaissance yesterday.  We had a great ride and I learned a couple of neat ATV trails that connected areas I had ridden in previously.

One of the three bears on the ride

Doing some repair work to make the crossing better

Cute little waterfall above the bridge


The crossing

Historic McLean steam powered sawmill in Alberni Valley taken from high on a ridge

Ernie shone the flashlight so my camera could focus

Looking out from back in the mine shaft that we were in yesterday near Horne Lake

Interesting rock across Horne Lake

 A little island in Horne Lake

The tide is out at Rathtrevor Beach

My brother Charlie just completed this structure for a client.  They affectionately call it the doghouse.


No comments:

Post a Comment