Saturday, May 18, 2024

WE MET UP WITH A BEAVER TWO EVENINGS IN A ROW!

 Today's images were taken on our walk Wednesday and Thursday evenings.  

We had a few warm days and the flies came out in droves.  They were like this in places along the trail and were all around our faces.  Downright nasty!

More flies.

Male Wood Duck.

American Vetch.

Ponderosa Pine flower that will become a pinecone along with new needle growth.

Bumblebee on Toadflax.

The beaver the first evening was fifteen feet from me.  I don't know who was more surprised!

The beaver the first evening was fifteen feet from me.

Moving on to Thursday evening, I caught this osprey flying along the river and again when he was circling far above me.

Moving on to Thursday evening, I caught this osprey flying along the river and again when he was circling far above me.

On the second evening the beaver was on an island in the river.






2 comments:

  1. Great Pictures as always, but the Beaver looks annoyed that you were watching him.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he was sending out the message that I was bothering his area.

    ReplyDelete