Saturday, October 11, 2014

NEARING THE US BORDER

We have moved down to Penticton which will be our new home until at least next Wednesday.  We are once again parked in George and Karen’s driveway.  Yesterday was a gorgeous day until midafternoon when it began to cloud up.  Today has been cloudy with a few spits trying to happen.  With the nice weather yesterday, I grabbed my cameras, geocaching gear and some lunch and headed out of town.  Because geocaching can be done anytime while photography lives and dies by the light, the cameras trumped the GPS and I only looked for and found four caches.  I did have a successful photo day though.

We are having an early Thanksgiving supper at Karen and George’s tomorrow night.  Nothing else planned as yet, we’ll have to see if the weather turns as nasty as forecast.  We are still planning to cross the border on Wednesday the 15th.   I spent a few hours with the maps, computer and Good Sam the other night and have put together a route south which should take us to the end of the month when we plan to arrive in Florence, our winter base. 

I went out the White Lake and Twins Lakes Roads and found some patches of Fall colour



I had my lunch admiring the stand of Poplars I had shot an hour earlier which is the photo above this one.

I had walked up a trail from where I parked the car and found this pretty little pond.

West Twin Lake above and below


Nearing home with the weather deteriorating, I noticed these skiers enjoying the wind on Skaha Lake

If you look closely, you can see a big grin on his face

The last three are from my SX50 while the rest are from the Canon 6D.  This is when I first left in the morning looking south down Skaha Lake with the highway up top and the Kettle Valley Railway below.  The KVR is now a very popular hiking/biking path. 
Looking back to Penticton, BC

I spotted these fossils near my second geocache find. 

2 comments:

  1. It was a great day just being out experiencing the beauty of Fall and mostly totally away from people and noise.

    ReplyDelete