Sunday, September 25, 2011

MY TRIP TO THE CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN ZOO


As promised, here are a few pictures from my visit to the zoo on my tour last Tuesday.

The top of Helen Hunt Falls

Looking out over Colorado Springs.  Before coming here, I thought it was right in the mountains, rather than on the edge of the flat lands.  That's the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo on the right just below us.

Up close and personal with a bull moose

Nice kitty!



This was taken inside a dark building at 1/40 second F8 and ISO 6400.  Gotta love these new digital cameras!  I was using my 100-400 at 340 mm.

Whadda ya want?

Rest time


Nyah, I don't think so!



Meercat

For those who wondered what I saw when I went beyond Helen Hunt Falls on the Tuesday tour, I went up alongside and above this sloping water fall.

1 comment:

  1. GReat animal shots. It's time to get back to the telephoto zoom lens and the Canon Rebel and the tripod!

    ReplyDelete