Sunday, January 10, 2010

MY COMPUTER CRASHED AND I’M SO SAD!

Hello everyone. I picked up a couple viruses a few days ago and have been down ever since. My computer was away for a few days and came back yesterday supposedly fixed, but it wasn’t. It is so slow and right away another virus showed up. I’m undecided what to do presently. Do I take it back to the same person, should I try to find someone else or should I just put it in the cupboard until we get home where I can have the super geek work on it? I’m using Aileen’s computer to post this so there will be no pictures. I will have to decide whether to load my Photoshop Elements on her computer before I would be able to do pictures.
We had a busy holiday season. Aileen cooked a turkey for Christmas and we had eight people at the table. For New Years another turkey and ten at our table. We’d been to friends a few days before Christmas for turkey also so got to eat lots of turkey this year. We went for Mexican food twice and Chinese another night plus a couple times to a big lunch smorg in Casa Grande.
We were delighted to have Bev and Kevin visit us for ten days after Christmas. Kevin and I finished my shed with insulation, paneling and wire shelving so it looks very spiffy and will be much easier to heat. Kevin was able to come with the ATV group one day when we borrowed one of the guy’s Polaris. That was my longest ride yet covering 89 miles. It was way longer than I like as there was no time to stop for pictures. Jim and I are getting to know the roads now and will soon start going by ourselves on photo outings. He has a nice new camera and is getting back into more serious photography. I have been going twice a week with the ATV group. There were at least 38 ATVs from our parks out last Thursday in three groups going three different places. That is only a fraction of the actual number of ATVs in our parks. Many riders only go out infrequently and some only ride with one of two others, not in organized groups.
I haven’t been to a Photoshop Elements group yet because of my computer issues although I still hope to get there. We are going to the Canada Supper here next Saturday night then plan to go to Quartzsite on the Sunday for a few days. This week will require some time to be spent on ensuring the trailer is ready to go and the truck needs servicing too. I hope to do another post before we depart for Quartzsite.

4 comments:

  1. That's TERRIBLE! No fun at all, at all, at all. I know I've checked in pretty rarely, but I do enjoy the pictures....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the bigger companies that provide antivirus software have phone numbers that you can call and will log into your computer remotely to clean out the virus. I know because it happened to me just before New Years. I phoned mcafee and the guy logged in remotely and cleaned out the virus, no issues since. Most virus's are beyond the average tech store guy who builds computers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, try running the computer in "Safe Mode", at startup push the F8 key. This will usually disable most virus's so you can still use most of the computer functions but not all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unless the guy knows what he's dong he won't remove it, and it will re-install itself. You can take them out, but unless you remove it from the system registry so it doesn't re-install on start-up it will repeat itself. Most companies (symantec,mcafee, etc) will have removal programs on their sites if you can identify the particular virus. They also have online scans for free that should tell you what it is.

    ReplyDelete