Sunday, September 27, 2009

LEAVING YELLOWSTONE

Maples at the bottom of Targhee Pass

We slowly packed up this morning. We had a good visit with several of our neighbours as we worked. Some of them were departing also. I found our original spare tire bracket was about to fall off so I removed the wheel and put it inside the trailer until I can buy a replacement. That would be pretty nasty for someone following behind, if the wheel fell off! The weather in Yellowstone has been so phenomenal for us but the forecast is saying that will change. They say 39/29 F on Wednesday with rain and snow. We’re getting out just in time!

We took Hwy 20 west from West Yellowstone over Targhee Pass. There were lots of yellow poplars glowing in the sun but the amazing thing was seeing red maples just as we approached the bottom of the pass. We made that our lunch stop so I could take some pictures. We didn’t see maples anywhere else. We only made it to Pocatello, Idaho today before looking for a spot for the night. I feel a little tired after my week in Yellowstone and we’re in no hurry for the next while.

NOTE THAT THERE ARE TWO MORE POSTS BELOW THIS TODAY

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos! Glad you put in so much work for all of our enjoyment. Colours in Yellowstone look so vibrant! Good catch on that tire too - wouldn't want to create any hazards on the highways.
    My mom, dad and I went up to Paradise Meadows today. Some lovely fall colours there too.
    Happy Trails.
    Keith

    ReplyDelete