Thursday, September 26, 2024

A RIDE IN MY UTV AND A MINI ROAD TRIP IN THE CAR.

 I took the General for a ride up in the hills the day before yesterday.  It was nice and peaceful and I didn't meet anybody else.  Yesterday was a bit of a weather day.  Thunderstorms and wind were in the forecast and actually happened.  Osoyoos got hit pretty hard with trees downed and the power out for hours.  Just as I went to open the door to go outside here, a cottonwood across the street had its top blown off and it came crashing to the street with a great cloud of leaves exploding out of it.  Later we had lightning and thunder with a bit of heavy rain.

This morning we went to Keremeos to see if there were an good pears available and there weren't so we just made a circle drive out of it 

I parked the General and went for a walk across the top of the meadows.

The gravel road between Oliver and Cawston is down in the bottom.  We took that road home this morning on our little road trip.

Lots of cattle graze this area.  Guess this one decided to stay.

The end of an old rotten fir log.

I climbed up an ugly steep section of trail in the General that took me to a powerline tower at the top.  From there I could look down on Oliver in this image.

And I could look down the other side to Cawston and Keremeos.

Insulators and power line on the tower.

Heading back down one of the steep sections that doesn't look steep in the photo.  I was spinning with all four wheels coming up though!

Looking down to the Similkameen Valley SE of Cawston.

On my way home I noticed White Lake was dry.  That's alkali and other minerals in the lake bed.

Backlit poison ivy on yesterday morning's walk.

Milkweed.

Magpie on this morning's road trip.

Magpie on this morning's road trip.

Male "red shafted" Northern Flicker on this morning's road trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment