Wednesday, September 25, 2024

SIGNS OF FALL ARE ALL AROUND US!

 The fish are returning from the ocean to spawn and the birds are heading south for the winter.  We're hunkering down for a winter spent at home.

Sockeye migrating up the Okanagan River.

Sockeye migrating up the Okanagan River.

Sockeye migrating up the Okanagan River.

Almost.

Not this time.


Off course, about to hit the wall.

Over the top.

Sockeye migrating up the Okanagan River.

From a distance I thought this was some balled up bark at the end of a branch.  When I zoomed in it was a Turkey Vulture lounging.

On my walk the other evening I heard the Sandhill Cranes but it took a while to spot them.

In tight formation.

They were in several formations within the main group.


I had to wait until they were a long distance away before I could fit them in even with my 100mm lens.  You can see there were a lot of them.

Our resident Ospreys left a week or more ago.  I think this male was probably from further north making his way south.

Mother and daughter across the river from our park.  They were riding bareback.


No comments:

Post a Comment