Friday, July 19, 2024

EAGLES, EAGLES AND A VULTURE.

 One day earlier this week I had been out geocaching and on my way home I was checking out ocean viewpoints just north of Campbell River when I happened on a flock of eagles having fun.  Once when they were quiet and roosting I counted six mature and two immature along with a vulture.  When they started flying again more joined in from elsewhere out of my sight so I have no idea how many there actually were.  I just tried to lock on one with my camera and follow it for the brief time it was in view.  There were several large trees that would hide them from me.  It was fun while it lasted!

Aileen continues to improve with less swelling and discolouration.  Her eye is opening a little more as well.  Still dressing the open wound at night.  Tomorrow we plan to head up to Port McNeill for a while.   The temperatures are going to be way lower than what we've been experiencing so I may have to give up my shorts and go back to wearing pants.  I see some rain in the forecast too.


Immature Bald Eagle, they don't usually get the white head and tail until they are about 5 years old.

Immature Bald Eagle.

Turkey Vulture who thought he was an eagle.

Turkey Vulture who thought he was an eagle.

Bald Eagle.

Bald Eagle.

Bald Eagle.

Bald Eagle.

Bald Eagle.

Bald Eagle.

Bald Eagles.

Bald Eagle.

Bald Eagle.

Immature Bald Eagle.  Is that an eel or a snake, I wonder?

Immature Bald Eagle. 

Immature Bald Eagle. 

Immature Bald Eagle. 

Immature Bald Eagle. 

Bald Eagle.

Bald Eagles.


1 comment:

  1. Very lucky to be blessed with so many Eagles in your area. We have had a couple around here in the last Five Years, but their habitat is slowly being developed.
    Beautiful Pictures as always.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the adventures.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete