Saturday, July 13, 2024

AN ATV RIDE IN THE MOUNTAINS LAST SUNDAY.

 An ATVing friend who lives in Nanaimo invited me along on a ride he was planning.  I first met Ernie in the Nanaimo and Alberni ATV clubs.  I knew he wintered in Yuma for years and led rides down there.  When I joined the Summerland ATV club and got to know a few members one day I got a call from Ernie.  He was visiting friends in Summerland who rode with him in Yuma and it turned out the one he was visiting was a member I knew.    I was invited to ride with them on a couple rides then another year when the Yuma group had a get together in Summerland I was asked to lead them on a ride in my area near Oliver.  Another time on our way north from Arizona just north of Twin Falls, Idaho I spotted Ernie's truck and trailer in a rest area.  A few minutes later they caught up and passed us with Ernie's wife waving madly at us.  Just a couple more small world moments of which we've had several over the years in our travels. 


Lacey Lake.


A distant alpine lake.

First break overlooking Denman and Hornby Islands.

Horne Lake, Denman and Hornby Islands.

A tiny island in Horne Lake.

A bigger island in Horne Lake.

Lots of houses around Horne Lake.

Cameron Lake with the Alberni Highway alongside.

Nile Creek.

Nile Creek.

Another view of Denman and Hornby Islands.

A little lake in the highlands.

A little lake in the highlands.

One of the ATVers was lopping branches off and didn't pay attention to the slope!  There were three of them on the low side and me on the top upper corner to get it back on the trail.

That's John R's side by side and he is actually on the trail.  It's a little overgrown.


No comments:

Post a Comment