Saturday, September 23, 2023

BAMFIELD.

 On our second last day on Vancouver Island, I was lucky to be invited along with my brother Charlie when he went to inspect a building at Bamfield which is a remote little community on the west coast of Vancouver Island.  The previously not so good gravel logging road is being chip sealed and will be vastly smoother to drive when completed.  We enjoyed what had been completed so far.

While Charlie did his work I took my camera and went for a stroll.  Brady's Beach was my destination but along the way I found Scott's Cove which I enjoyed as it was more photogenically (my word) pleasing. 








West Bamfield has a great scenic boardwalk.

West Bamfield Boardwalk Biffies.

Scott Cove.

Scott Cove.

Scott Cove.

Scott Cove.

This old fallen tree has nurtured and protected several other trees, hence the term Nurse Log.

The old gate has seen better times!

Brady's Beach.

Our transportation from Bamfield to West Bamfield.


The first mate on our transport.


Strange looking craft.

Being reclaimed by the Bamfield forest.



Old winch at the water's edge.

Seal at Bamfield.

On the steps to the Brady's Beach outhouse.







1 comment:

  1. You made great use of the perfect Photo-Op. Great Pictures!
    You are making me jealous.
    Be Sae and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete