Friday, April 1, 2022

HOME AGAIN

 I arrived home mid-morning today.  I took a different route home via Bouse, Parker, 29 Palms, Yucca Valley, Carson City, Reno, Susanville, Klamath Falls, Bend, Wenatchee and Omak.  I put on 2542 kms on my trip south and 2856 kms on the return north for a total of 5419 kms which is 3387 miles.  The lineup at the border while not very long, was very slow.  I guess most people hadn't completed the ArrivCan app so were taking five to ten minutes at the window.  I was less than a minute once I finally made it to the window and the lady was very pleasant.

On the return north route, I stopped for photos several times which will be the subject of the next few posts.  After enjoying a few days of 90+ temperatures in Florence, I was cold the whole trip home!  A lot of my journey was at higher elevation topping out over 8100 feet above sea level.  Probably the highlight of the trip home was spending some time at Mono Lake which will be the subject of a future post.



I found this Palo Verde blooming when I stopped in the middle of nowhere for a geocache.  There were hundreds of caches along this section but I limited myself to just the one.

Starting up California #62, very little traffic out here.

Approaching 29 Palms, California.

Joshua Tree blossoms

Joshua Tree near Yucca Valley, CA.

Some California desert flowers

And the above flowers carpeting the desert floor.  My car parked on the highway.

These were further up the road and are a different much tinier flower than the above.


1 comment:

  1. I don't get why people do not do a little research and complete the Arrive Canada app before they hit the window. That has to be extremely frustrating for the border agents.

    ReplyDelete