Saturday, November 6, 2021

A VISIT TO THE BIRD VIEWING PLATFORM AT VASEUX LAKE

 I saw that the Trumpeter Swans had returned to the area for the winter and a large number were feeding at Vaseux Lake.  I dressed warmly and walked out to the bird blind and hung out for a while.  The swans were too far away for sharp photos but I did what I could.  I had seen the eagle further along the lake when driving to the parking lot and while he was too far away for clear photos when he came over by the swans, I did get a couple of video clips that weren't too bad.  I hope they will attach to this post.   After playing with the upload a bit, I have only attached one video, I will post the other in a separate entry.


Trumpeter Swans, this is the parents with a this year's youngster in the middle.  He hasn't given up his immature colouring yet.

Trumpeter Swans

Trumpeter Swans

Northern Harrier that flew past while I was on the viewing platform

Northern Harrier

Northern Harrier

Great Blue Herons

Great Blue Herons

Great Blue Heron

Great Blue Heron

Sumac looks like fire running down the hill.

This is the south end of Vaseux Lake.  We live about a mile down the valley from the end of the lake.



No comments:

Post a Comment