Friday, November 5, 2021

THE NEWS MEDIA GOT ME EXCITED ABOUT NORTHERN LIGHTS BUT THERE WERE NONE HERE

 I dressed very warm so I could stand around in the cold while waiting for the northern lights to appear but after several hours, I had to concede defeat.  There were lots of people out driving around with their hopes up but we were all disappointed.   I did end up with a few Milky Way photos which I will share below.  I didn't see any photos of Northern Lights taken in this area that night.




These first two were taken at my first location

Then I moved over to White Lake.  The lights on the right are the Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory.

A car came driving by as I was taking this long exposure creating the lighting in the foreground



I used a brief burst from my flashlight to illuminate the grass



No comments:

Post a Comment