Saturday, September 2, 2017

FINISHED WITH THE NORTH ISLAND FOR NOW

First of all, welcome to Creekers Two, who I understand are followers of this blog.  I guess I have never mentioned my geocaching handle on the blog from comments made by these fellow cachers to my brother in law John F.  Anyway, it is Photo Quad, a combination of my first two hobbies.  Now it is photography, ATVing and geocaching that I spend much of my free time on.  All three support each other.  Geocaching leads me to interesting photo opportunities and the ATV often takes me there.  Given that, if I find some outstanding photo opportunity, the geocaching falls into second place.  The cache will be there another day but the photography can be fleeting.  Grab it while you can!
We have had our grand daughter, Georgia with us for a few days.  I drove down to Errington on Wednesday towing the RZR and returned it to its winter abode.  After a quick turn around, I met Richard and Georgia at Campbell River and picked up Georgia and her luggage.  I was back to the motor home after a 9.5 hour drive.
Two days ago, while the ladies were at John and Anne's in Port McNeill, John and I hiked the Blinkhorn Trail out of Telegraph Cove.  It's another one of those fairly difficult trails with lots of roots and mud but there were several geocaches along it as well as some photo ops so we had to go.  This wasn't my first time on the trail as I had gone with John before I got into caching.  John has done it several times.
We packed up this morning and headed back down Island to Campbell River and are parked at Bill's.  We will spend two nights here then move to Seal Bay RV Park near Comox on Monday.  We'll be there until next Saturday attending the Island Chapter of Escapees RV Club's Fall rally.
Five weeks today until our 50th anniversary party so after the rally, we will need to get busy finalizing plans.

Old Chevy in the rain forest

Rust pile

At the end of the Blinkhorn Trail looking down Johnstone Strait.  Just down there on the right is Robson Bight, world renowned Killer Whale viewing area.

Along the Blinkhorn Trail

A big old Western Red Cedar stump along the Blinkhorn Trail

Telegraph Cove, kayaking mecca



16 foot wide "Fat Trucks" on North Island logging roads don't leave much room

The back side of an alder leaf in the drizzle yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment