Monday, August 24, 2026

CRUISE SHIPS IN VICTORIA IN LATE EVENING THEN MOVING DAY.

One night we were out for a drive and Aileen wondered if there were any cruise ships docked in Victoria.  I checked my Ship Finder app and sure enough, two ships were in port.  Since it was very busy we had to park a long distance away and walk there.  Even though it was quite late in the evening, ship passengers were riding around in carriages and pedal carts and walking around the streets.
On Friday we hooked up the Jeep to the motorhome to drive up to my brother's place in Errington.  But then the Jeep wouldn't disengage the transmission.  We tried various things including a call to the dealer.  in the end, Richard drove the Jeep, stayed overnight then I drove him back Saturday morning.  I have an appointment with the local dealer tomorrow to see if the problem can be rectified.  The drive on Friday was not a great one as there was a traffic delay leaving Victoria and a much worse cluster just north of Nanaimo.  I barely moved for most of an hour.  I don't think there was even an accident to blame, it was just the volume of traffic that was compounded by so many vehicles passing on the right shoulder then butting in up ahead.











No comments:

Post a Comment