I am not wise to species of wildlife, bur back in 2010, a friend spent some time talking about the differences between some species. One was called a Cow Bird. The mature female raids other nests, lays her egg for the original occupant to raise. Cow birds are very Lazy, but other birds believe that large egg to be their offspring, I have seen Two Goldfinch parents trying to continually feed a baby twice the size of both of them. The big hint is the size of the offspring. and your Say's Phoebe, seems to hold the same trait. Stay Safe and Enjoy!
I am not wise to species of wildlife, bur back in 2010, a friend spent some time talking about the differences between some species. One was called a Cow Bird. The mature female raids other nests, lays her egg for the original occupant to raise. Cow birds are very Lazy, but other birds believe that large egg to be their offspring, I have seen Two Goldfinch parents trying to continually feed a baby twice the size of both of them. The big hint is the size of the offspring. and your Say's Phoebe, seems to hold the same trait.
ReplyDeleteStay Safe and Enjoy!
It's about time.