Sunday, August 11, 2024

SCALLOP CAVE, A GEOCACHING FIND.

 When John and I were out geocaching the other day, there was an earth cache that we went to.  Vancouver Island, especially the upper part, is riddled with extensive cave systems.  This one is a smaller system, I think.  There was the upper cave exit followed by a section open to the air of about forty feet then the entrance to the lower cave.  I don't know how long the lower cave is but it runs down to and under the logging road.  I poked my nose in around the first corner then looked around the second corner using my phone's  flash for lighting.  I didn't use the flashlight part as I just wanted to take photos.  It was mentioned that one could walk through the lower cave but a light and a backup light and good footwear would be required.  Maybe a backup to the backup would be a good idea as you wouldn't want to be without a light!  We had some rain showers here yesterday.  


The exit from the upper cave.

Looking into the upper cave.

Looking into the upper cave.

Looking into the upper cave.

The entrance to the lower cave.

Starting in the lower cave.

The second corner.  I was able to stand up fairly straight the whole time.


Looking around the second corner.

Looking around the second corner.

Looking back to the first corner and the way I had come in.


No comments:

Post a Comment