Friday, August 9, 2024

MORE OUTDOOR ADVENTURES.

 I've been on a couple more geocaching trips and Aileen and I took a drive up to Port Hardy the other day.  Our weather here in Port McNeill continues to be foggy overnight and much of the morning then a few hours of nice sunshine with the fog rolling back in late afternoon.  


We were down at the ocean the other night when this eagle came swooping down and grabbed something off the beach.  I was pretty surprised to see that it was just a fish skeleton.

Burdock, the original velcro.

Storey's Beach near Port Hardy.  We lived here from 1967 - 1971.  We walked along here many times.

The Ruby Princess ghosting past Storey's Beach.

The Ruby Princess.

Mussel shells.

Common Sandpipers, Storey's Beach.

Common Sandpipers, Storey's Beach.

Saw this baby Common Nighthawk out in a logging slash while we were geocaching.  One of the reasons I take my camera with me.  I just had to go back to the side by side and grab it.

Baby Common Nighthawk.

Baby Common Nighthawk.

Baby Common Nighthawk.

Baby Common Nighthawk.

A very large old Cedar stump.



1 comment:

  1. Quite the pictures. In one picture the baby hawk seemed to pose for you, then expected you to feed it for the pose. LOL!
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete