Monday, April 22, 2024

BACK HOME AGAIN AND FIRST UTV RIDE THIS SPRING.

We came home Saturday.   After emptying the motorhome and dumping the tanks, we put it back in the storage lot until our next adventure.  My leg is improving and I'm doing more walking although I am using poles when I go any distance just for the added support.  We also drive part way to the river trail to keep the distance manageable.  I have a phone consult with my doctor tomorrow and then a visit to physio on Thursday.

I took the General out for a ride in the Burnell Lake area today.  I went by myself and while I didn't meet any other ATVers out there, the three lakes were all very busy.  Lots of fishermen and quite a number of campers of various sorts.  The balsamroot is prime right now and there are several other flowers looking good too.  I will post the flowers next time, probably.


While walking up the river trail Saturday evening we were surprised to see this chap just across the river from us.

I wondered if he was just out of bed contemplating heading off to work the night shift.

An osprey hanging on in the wind.

We were visited by this Townsend's Solitaire up near the dam on Saturday evening.

Turtles spotted on my ride today.

Male Downy Woodpecker on my ride today.

Male Downy Woodpecker on my ride today.

Osprey this evening as we were driving to the trail.

California Quail this evening as we were driving to the trail.

Great Blue Heron at the dam tonight.


1 comment:

  1. Some really great pics in this post today! Glad your leg's coming along. - Richard

    ReplyDelete