Tuesday, May 2, 2023

IT'S TURTLE TIME

 The first seven photos are from a ride I led on Sunday while the last four are from this morning when I took Aileen up to Burnell Lake in the car and we walked the last bit to sneak up on the turtles.  For some reason the turtles were really nervous this morning and would disappear into the water as soon as they spotted us. We think it might be because it was so windy.   I had to use as much brush as possible to keep them from seeing me but still find a hole to shoot through.

Taken with my small camera on the Sunday ride.  They weren't spooked by the ATVs.

Taken with my small camera on the Sunday ride.  They weren't spooked by the ATVs.

Crossing the road, taken with my iPhone.

Crossing the road, taken with my iPhone.


A bank of Trumpet Lungwort taken from the driver's seat with my iPhone.

Lunch overlooking Willowbrook.

Sandhill Cranes flew over us at lunch time.


Last rest stop overlooking Osoyoos Lake in the distance.

Western Painted Turtles at Burnell Lake.

Western Painted Turtles at Burnell Lake.

Western Painted Turtles at Burnell Lake.

Western Painted Turtles at Burnell Lake.




1 comment:

  1. Georgia said that she liked the turtles! - Richard

    ReplyDelete