Thursday, November 24, 2022

A WALK YESTERDAY MORNING THEN I TRIED TO TAKE THE RZR FOR A TOUR

 There was a bit of hoar frost on the bluff when I started my walk yesterday morning.  Still in the park, I heard a commotion in a couple of trees that wasn't caused by the multitude of quail I was seeing.  After finding a vantage point, I found that a pair of Flickers were playing among the branches which made for very difficult shooting as they kept getting behind obstacles.  I persevered and eventually got a few shots where the detail was acceptable.

After lunch I took the RZR and clawed my way up to Burnell Lake.  I had thought that the lower elevation might have less snow and I would be able to take a group ride out on Saturday.  Not to be!  The only reason I made it up to the lake was that a high clearance vehicle with great tires had made it although he had spun out several places and had to take multiple runs to get up.  I was able to keep one wheel in his track so I was only breaking trail with one.   As soon as I tried to drive in virgin snow, I was stuck.  There was 12 - 14 inches of snow at the lake and it was the type of snow that wouldn't compact and was like sugar so gave little traction.  As soon as I high centered, the granules of snow spun out from under the tires and there was no traction.  I guess this shows that my ATVing is over until a major thaw or spring. 


Oh look, a plane.


Northern Flicker

Northern Flickers

Northern Flickers

Northern Flickers

Northern Flicker

Northern Flickers

My attempt at the virgin snow

Hi there!






Burnell Lake 

Burnell Lake 




No comments:

Post a Comment