Tuesday, March 22, 2022

ROAD TRIP FOR JOHN

 I left home Sunday morning and in less than 30 minutes I was across the border and cruisin'.  There was very little traffic until I approached Moses Lake then it picked up a lot.  I made it to Boise that day and found a motel.  Not being the best motel, I was awakened by various disturbances about 3 am.  Unable to get back to sleep, I finally got up and got on the road.  That's why there are some sunrise photos posted here many miles along my way.

I stopped several times Monday to get out and walk around in the bitterly cold wind but I did get some photos.  I had planned on overnighting in Alamo, NV but it was only 1 pm when I gassed up there so too early to stop for the day.  Then I blasted through the insanity of Las Vegas construction and wasn't stopping there either.  So, my night was spent in Kingman, AZ in a Days Inn.  The motel was much nicer but the clientele was no better.  About 3 am some jerk fired up his noisy diesel under my window and moved it back and forth several times before leaving.  Then about half an hour later he was back and sat there with the motor running.  A lady came out of the room below me and grabbed a large bag that looked like food from the truck and went back to the room.  Meanwhile, the driver maneuvered back and forth and finally backed into the stall under my window.  Some people......

Four to five hours from Kingman will, I think, put me in Florence, AZ


Dry Falls, WA.  This was formed millions of years ago by massive flood waters.


Lake Lenore south of Dry Falls

Lake Lenore

South of Twin Falls, ID at 7:07 am

South of Jackpot, NV at 7:35 am



South of Jackpot, NV

A bit of alpenglow


The moon north of Wells, NV


Still north of Wells, NV

Me and the pony express rider

And finally, a section of Hwy 93 east of the Colorado and Hoover Dam after leaving Las Vegas


No comments:

Post a Comment