Friday, March 25, 2022

LIFESTYLE CHANGE

 With what has been happening in our lives the past two years and the fact that we don't know if or when we will be able to travel south in the winter, we have decided to sell our Arizona property.  I am in Florence gathering the few possessions we wanted to keep.  I sorted things and cleaned up as much as I could.  This morning my friend Richard helped me load the car and surprisingly, it all fit!

 It hasn't been all work.  Richard took me for a ride in the desert both Wednesday and Thursday.   There were just two machines on Wednesday and three on Thursday which was great since it gave me lots of opportunity for photography.  

A few neighbours and ATV friends got together with me this afternoon and we FaceTimed with Aileen and our daughter Bev who were at home.  I have been chatting with various friends through the park.  I will start making my way home Sunday.

This is the first post of photos I took Wednesday and Thursday.  I will try and post the remaining photos tomorrow.


A Curved-bill Thrasher I saw in the park Wednesday morning

This male Quail was in the desert behind the park on my morning walk

Scenes east of Florence, AZ and some of the trails our group ride


Not sure what this helicopter was doing but I'm guessing mineral exploration


We drove by some nice looking Saguaro cactus




When I squeezed the shutter button, this jack rabbit was sitting up.  As you can see the shutter lag on the point and shoot camera let me down.

Hedgehog Cactus



Globe Mallow

Fairy Duster

Globe Mallow

Wild Hyacinth

Ladder-back Woodpecker


Hedgehog Cactus

This Hedgehog was blooming on this rock about ten feet off the ground

We lucked out and found a dozen bighorn sheep



1 comment:

  1. It must've felt strange to be back there, and more strange to be leaving Sunday without knowing when you'll be back! From the pictures, and the stories, it feels like you've really come to know the place. It's the right move, as you say, but that doesn't mean it's not a tough decision.

    ReplyDelete