Friday, May 18, 2018

ON TO ERRINGTON

We moved up to my brother Charlie's on Monday.  We've been busy as usual.  We went to the Escapees lunch meeting in Nanaimo Wednesday.  Today I finally broke down and paid the money to get a new key for the CRV.  My key had broken loose from the remote a couple of years ago and I've been reluctant to spend $225 to get a new one.  I have spent some time getting the RZR out of winter storage and getting it ready to take out for a drive in the mountains.  I bought an overhead storage bag down south and got that installed.  That will give my camera a dry spot to ride when it is raining.  Last June on our three day ride, the camera got so wet it stopped working until it dried out hours later.
Tomorrow we are attending a drop in BBQ to celebrate my next in line brother Sam's 70th birthday.  Richard and Georgia are driving up today to spend a couple nights with us and attend the party.   That should liven things up for us.  

All today's photos taken with my Canon SX60

Crab for supper

These Canada Geese had twelve goslings

Teaching the goslings how to forage 

Squabbling over the food

Some interesting skies near Richard's and Robin's in North Saanich



From Mt Prevost looking over Cowichan Bay toward Victoria and the US

Yellow Violet on Mt Prevost

Wild Dogwood on Mt Prevost


Shooting from behind the Dogwood flowers, I loved the translucency

On a hike with two of my cousins and their families

Genoa Bay where we hiked to

Adrian and my cousin Cheryl, Carol and my cousin Neil and me

I was riding my bike the other evening when I spotted this Ceanothus silkmoth on a building wall




Quite the setup these guys have

Sea Lion at French Creek boat basin hoping for fish scraps below the fish cleaning station

There are a large number of Sea Lions hanging out at French Creek.  The locals are not happy with all the noise they make. 

More Sea Lions



No comments:

Post a Comment