Sunday, June 28, 2020

PHOTO OPPORTUNITY FROM MY COMPUTER STATION


My computer station is the passenger seat at the front of the motorhome and it is a great spot to monitor what’s going on around us.  This morning the twin fawns were performing for me.  First off they had breakfast right under the window ten to fifteen feet from me.  Later then were playing all around the yard having a gay old time.
Aileen and I are still puttering at various jobs around the yard pretending we’re master gardeners.  With Karen’s large yard and extensive gardens, there is always something that needs attention.   Keeps us busy and out of trouble for now.  Karen is hoping we’ll stay for a while longer.
The temperatures have been all over the place so far.  We’ve had some very warm days but today is quite cool.  Penticton reached its normal amount of June rainfall by June 17 and we’ve had quite a bit more so wetter than usual which has been good for the flowers etc.  I’m still surprised by how much wind there is in this area.  We’re in a north – south valley and it seems south and north are the prevailing winds.


These first few are taken around the yard here







This fawn tried to drink from the wrong mother and she is telling it to leave

Not being stupid, the fawn takes the hint!

These next six were taken out the window while I was sitting at my computer this morning


Can you see the little pink tongue?

Licking milk off each other

Ready for bed, just after I took the photo he dropped right there and curled up in the grass.

This was taken with my iPhone

Milkweed on an evening walk

Cedar Waxwing on an evening walk along Penticton Creek

Water Lily in Karen's pond

And this is how I got the photo with my iPhone.  Taken by Aileen with her old iPhone SE.

2 comments:

  1. That was a Photographers Dream and you just had to lift the Camera.
    Great Pictures. Kathy couldn't understand why you were laying on the ladder.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's how I got my iPhone close enough for the photo of the lilies.

    ReplyDelete