Saturday, June 29, 2024

TOMORROW IS MOVING DAY AGAIN.

 We've had a busy time here in Duncan.  Tuesday night we played Progressive Hand and Foot with Keith and Sue, RV friends who we play cards with at the rally.  Wednesday, Richard and Georgia drove up to visit us.  We did a bit of geocaching until it started raining.  We visited the Wednesday market in Chemainus then had gluten free takeout from the Wild Poppy in Ladysmith.  On Thursday we went to Westholme Tea Company which is located in a country setting well away from town.  They have a huge tea selection and Aileen came away with a couple of sample packs.  Her favourite tea which comes from England, is no longer available in Canada for some reason so she is looking for a replacement.  Yesterday we drove down to Victoria to visit Aileen's school chum Bev D.   We spent some time at Dallas Point where the ladies visited and I wandered about with my camera.  Later we went to The Fish Store down on Fisherman's wharf and had fish and chips.  Aileen enjoyed her gluten free sockeye salmon.

I went for a walk in the local forest this morning and was mostly done when the rain began.  Aileen came and picked me up so I didn't get too wet.   Since it is still raining and I don't feel like going to the local farmer's market in the rain, I thought I would catch up the blog.  We are moving back to Charlie and Sheila's tomorrow for a while then probably heading further up Island.


Wild Bleeding Heart.

While geocaching with my brother in law John R we took our lunches with us as we walked in an overgrown road.  John said lets have lunch on the bank of the creek.  Well, this was the bank above Thames Creek.  

Two elderly geocachers having lunch in the forest.

I took part in the haying party at Charlie and Sheila's last week.

Charlie baling his hay.

Charlie baling his hay.  There were over 600 bales.

A Cinnabar Moth caterpillar on a Ragweed.

The waterwheel in the park at Chemainus, BC.


No comments:

Post a Comment