Thursday, April 27, 2023

A FEW FROM MY TUESDAY MORNING WALK THEN FROM MY EXPLORATORY CLIMB UP SOME BLUFFS IN THE AFTERNOON

Female Osprey on the nest in our park

Northern Flicker

Northern Flicker doing his flicker song, see his throat puffed out.

I think the Flickers are nesting in this cavity

On the Allendale Road bluffs looking south.  My car is in the lower left.

On the Allendale Road bluffs looking north to Okanagan Falls community.

Okanagan Falls' new industrial park being developed.  This may greatly increase the viability of the little community by bringing many jobs.

Balsamroot

Few-flowered Shooting Star

Woodland Stars

Bee on Balsamroot

4 comments:

  1. Um, why "exploratory"? Great to see so many different flowers out. - Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to check out vantage points for when the right combination of light and air quality line up with peak colour in the vineyards so I can go directly to a good spot to hopefully get a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea to do some advance scouting, especially given every year's smoke risks. I wasn't sure if it was to assess your post-illness lungs or something (experimental in that other sense).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I had to stop often to regain my breath and my legs felt like jelly even though it wasn't all that much of a climb either.

    ReplyDelete