Wednesday, February 17, 2021

ANOTHER TASTE OF WINTER

 

We had some cool temperatures recently getting as low as -15C which was 5F.   There was quite a bit of wind which made it feel much worse.  We got a few snowfalls but since Penticton seems to be in a rain shadow area, two inches was about the maximum each time.  Mostly it would snow for hours but leave just a dusting.  We had another inch overnight last night.   Our family and friends on Vancouver Island have had lots more snow than us recently.

Continuing with our mostly solitary existence, we haven’t been out much amongst other people.  Aileen gets to chat with some regulars while out walking while I do the bare minimum of required shopping in stores.  It’s hard to find anything to write about these days and currently the photography is very limited.  I am enjoying the photos my friends in AZ are sharing on Facebook and our friend Richard sends me photos by text and email.  So, I’m reduced to doing Arizona vicariously this winter.

For myself, I have continued to work at converting some of my photos into pencil sketch prints on the computer.  I’m finding that not many images actually lend themselves to the process.  The ones that I print on art type paper sometimes look much better than on the computer screen.  The biggest problem I’m having is finding suitable paper to print on.   So far, I haven’t found any local suppliers.  Actually, I haven’t found any Canadian suppliers for what I’m searching for.   I have been using part packages of paper which I have had for years and what I have found is that every company I bought them from has gone out of business.  Back then, camera stores sold what I have.   Those stores are now all closed.  I continue to prowl the internet looking for suitable paper.  I could order from the US but with the shipping, exchange and customs, it is quite pricey.

Things will get more interesting for us in another month or so.  It is less than a month until we plan to be back in the motorhome.  Also, less than a month until our new home is scheduled to be delivered.  Probably another month after that before we get to move in but we will be busy searching for new beds and scheduling our appliance delivery.  We will also need to decide how much of the property we will cover with cement.  500 square feet is part of the house package while any extra we have to pay for.

Don't forget to click on the images to bring them up larger.

Here are a few images taken on my walk up the creek yesterday.  The ice is very thick after our week of heavy freezing.







And, a few more of my computer pencil sketches.





1 comment:

  1. Wow,you are very talented! I like your drawings! I hope you can get back to Calena, or whatever the your place in Arizona. Take care,Rawn Stone

    ReplyDelete