Thursday, September 20, 2018

AND THE RAINS STAYED

Wet couple days ahead for us and today was rather wet too.  After driving over to Alberni to renew our ATV club membership, my brother in law, John R introduced me to a new area called Hole in the Wall.  I had been planning to get there for several years but just never made the time.  We walked down in the rain but our waterproof coats kept us dry.  We chatted with a couple from Tasmania who were enjoying their visit to Vancouver Island.
Aileen's left eye is still bothering quite a bit so when she mentioned it to Richard on the weekend, Robin had an appointment for her Monday so off to Victoria again.  The car is going to know the route really well pretty soon.  Next scheduled appointment is October 1 then shortly after we hope to depart the Island and move up to Penticton until time to cross the border and head south.  If another appointment is required, we'll drive down in the car back to Victoria and overnight in a motel.
John R and I took our side by sides out on Tuesday.  We put on just 19 kms and found 19 geocaches.  We had a fun day in some rare sunshine.  Last night we played cards with my sisters Susan and Janet and their husbands John.  Yes, there were three Johns at the table.  We played hand and foot canasta and the ladies beat the guys.

Last Sunday I took my Canon 6D for a walk in the rain down at Englishman River Falls Park.  It was quite wet and by the time I was done, so was my camera.  I guess it didn't like all the moisture as most of the camera features quit working.  Luckily, by the next day all was well again.


The main falls

Arbutus tree trunk in the rain


The rest of today's images were taken with my Canon SX60.  This was on our Tuesday ATV ride.  We're looking over Denman and Hornby Islands with Texada Island in the distance.  The furthest mountains in the background are mainland BC.

I was surprised to spot this Turkey Vulture up on the hill

Very close to one of the geocaches we found were a number of pots of healthy pot 

In one area of recent logging there were a number of these very red Dogwoods

Hole in the Wall

Downstream a bit

Building inukshuks seems to be a favorite past time along the creek

If you look very carefully, you might spot John R among the inukshuks


Alder leaf on a maple leaf mostly under water




No comments:

Post a Comment