Friday, January 6, 2017

MORE NATURE PHOTOS AND EVEN ONE OF US

We have another of our card playing couples down for the winter.  They are renting in Florence Gardens.  We had three games last night with them and Ken and Marie.  We had all been together the night before for a belated New Years dinner.  We invited three single people to join us for the dinner and a good time was enjoyed.
I continue to enjoy my ATV rides, usually leading when I do ride.   We have been very fortunate in how often we have seen the bighorn sheep this year.  Yesterday for a change of pace,I trailered the RZR down south of Florence and used it for getting to some out of the way geocaches.  I quite enjoyed a quiet day on my own for a change.  I think the highlight of my day was finding a cache that the last five people/groups couldn't find.
We went to restart our Friday couples ride this morning but it went bust pretty quickly.  We were only about a mile and a half from home when one of the guys blew the side out of his rear differential ending his ride for a few weeks most likely.  I came home and took my trailer out and we managed to winch it on board.  No estimate of how much or how long yet.
I think our weather is going to be improving for the next while with temperatures hopefully surpassing 70F.  All the rain we've had lately is really greening up the desert.  I'm hoping we get some flowers popping out soon too.  We haven't made any decision on whether or not to go to Quartzsire or somewhere else for a change of scenery.  We are booked in to attend the Escapees RV Club Rally in Tucson mid March.  As soon as that is over, we will begin our trek north.

Click on a photo to enlarge

I spotted this prickly pear cactus growing in the crotch of a saguaro cactus when Mitzy and I were walking the other morning.

Harris's Hawk out in the desert


Out on the RZR when I spotted "one hung low"

Box Canyon

This one ewe was in heat and had a group of rams keeping her company

I guess its that time of year




This was the head ram







What are you looking at?  This was shot with my Canon SX50 at 1200 mm on the lens then 4 times digital zoom which I believe gives the equivalent of 4800 mm.  This is straight out of the camera, no cropping.   This little camera continues to amaze me.



We had our photo taken a while back for the Caliente book.  I thought it turned out pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment