Tuesday, June 30, 2009

An interesting hillside - some kind of mineralization

Yesterday's Ptarmigan

Today's Ptarmigan with two of the babies


Our "sunset" at 1:34 AM the other night





Haven't found the name for the above two flowers growing sid by side in the ditch along the Dempster


The Arctic Lupine has a very intense blue


Arctic Phlox.............................................................................................................................
Well we made it back to the trailer a little past 7 last night so supper was late. I have a correction to make to yesterday's post also. We only crossed the MacKenzie River on the way to Inuvik. We'd crossed the Peel the day before and were camped only 1 km past it. I kept waiting for the second crossing on the way home last night and Aileen finally had to correct me. We went to make an early start this morning and hadn't noticed that the ferries don't start until 9 AM their time which is 8 AM Pacific. We had decided to not change our clocks for the two days. So, we had a half hour wait which gave me time to get some pictures. The bugs have been very nasty the past few days which is why you see me with long pants and a hat. It was 18C this afternoon and I was sweating and swatting. I did break down and use Muskol for unhooking the other night and hooking up this morning.
Our only game yesterday was a Ptarmigan. Today we saw a pair of them with 5 babies. I was surprized to notice that both parents raise the chicks.
For those of you wondering about the next update on the reunion, Bruce just replied to me and said he would get an update out this weekend including the address and directions. We'll probably be without internet for the next couple of days. We're back at Eagle Plains and will probably boondock somewhere along the road tomorrow night as we'll be too late getting to Tombstone to get a site.






1 comment:

  1. No one having any midnight sun madness yet? Hope you packed your sleep masks. I don't think I could sleep without that.

    Enjoy the sunshine for the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete