Friday, October 9, 2015

SECOND DAY IN THE US - PUTTING ALONG

Well, not really putting to our way of thinking, but probably in the minds of those following sometimes.  We traveled 263 kms (164 miles) yesterday and 441 kms (276 miles) today.  In theory, today was our furthest travel day.  We had a smooth border crossing yesterday at Roosville, south east of Cranbrook.  We spent last night in an RV park along Flathead Lake which is the largest freshwater lake west of the Mississippi River in the US.  Today we continued on down Hwy 93 then took I-90 to I-15 and tonight we are in a park just south of Dillon, MT.  Tomorrow, we hope to get almost through Idaho and close to the Utah border.  We finally caught some warm weather today with it being 25C when we arrived here.  I put my shorts on this afternoon, haven't been able to use them much the past six weeks or so.

And this would be why they call Montana "Big Sky Country"
Our campsite at Dillon, MT

Detail in the scene below

This replica building is in the campsite we are in tonight.  I thought it was worth playing with and I didn't have to drive anywhere to do it.

And a fanciful black and white version

Just as I had my blog about ready to post, Aileen mentioned that the sky was colouring and I'd better have a look


I thought the reflection on the side of our home looked neat


No comments:

Post a Comment