Friday, July 26, 2019

IT'S ALL ABOUT OUR RIVER PARKS


We’re still at Charlie and Sheila’s hanging out.  Aileen has been doing lots of weeding while I have made a start on getting the woodshed filled.  We’ve had some good walks in the evenings.  When we went to Little Qualicum Falls Park a couple nights ago, we were able to get close to a young Barred Owl who was wailing for food.  Photography wasn’t great with the low light in the trees.  The highlight was when the owl flew over my head only about 5 or 6 feet above me.  That would have been impressive to capture on video but, of course, it happened too fast to react.  We went back again last night and took my big camera with the big lens. 
I went ATV riding on Wednesday but those photos will have to wait for the next blog post as I have too many for this post.  Which brings up another of my week’s activities, editing.  Lots of my free time is spent editing and organizing my photos to keep them from getting totally out of hand. 
Aileen, Sheila and I made zucchini relish this past week.  Tuesday night we grated the zucchini and salted it down then on Wednesday, Aileen and Sheila processed it.  It is so nice to enjoy the rest of the year.


Little Qualicum River

Little Qualicum River

Little Qualicum River, Upper Falls

Little Qualicum River, Upper Falls

Little Qualicum River

Little Qualicum River

Little Qualicum River, American Dipper


Spotted horse going by on the road, shot from the motor home window.  He had a spotted dog with him but couldn't get it in the photo

Englishman River

Englishman River, Woodland Penstemon clinging to the river bank, shot from a bridge

Little Qualicum River, Immature Barred Owl

All of the above photos were taken with my Canon SX60 21-1365 mm lens while the ones below were taken with my Canon 5D Mk2 and 100-400 lens

Little Qualicum River, Immature Barred Owl

Little Qualicum River, Immature Barred Owl

Little Qualicum River, Immature Barred Owl  1/15 second hand held, ISO 6400, 400 mm

Little Qualicum River, Squirrel, hand held ISO 6400 1/100 second

Little Qualicum River, Squirrel

Little Qualicum River, evening reflection

No comments:

Post a Comment