Tuesday, March 13, 2018

GETTING WARMER

The past couple days have seen much warmer weather here.  Aileen has been running the air conditioner.  She hasn't had it on very much all season other than when we first arrived.  I think we are down to less than two weeks here.  We might be pulling out well before that.  So far, no schedule has developed.  I have been looking at maps and plotting a course north that would give us a wee bit of new scenery.  There are roads we haven't traveled but there is a reason for that.  Either too much chance of snow or not RV friendly.
Getting down to just days left, I've been riding more days trying to store it up for the long dry spell before I get to ride again.  There just aren't any flowers happening yet.  I did see the odd poppy yesterday but even they were mostly just one flower and no more in sight.  Normally by now there are whole hillsides in bloom.  Maybe next year?

This Prickly Pear Cactus was just starting to bloom in someone's yard in Florence Gardens yesterday morning.  Even the domestic cactus are late blooming this year.

Captured this Roadrunner yesterday morning at the start of our ride

Lunchtime yesterday.  I had seventeen machines along.

Took these saguaros at lunchtime yesterday

Some of us got to see the first Saguaros in bloom for this Spring yesterday afternoon


In a an old mine shaft looking out

Some of my seventeen machines


While waiting to have the car serviced today in Coolidge, I went for a stroll over to some abandoned buildings



I also wandered the other direction to the roping arena where they were doing some team roping



Framed

This young kid looked to be preteen but boy, could he rope.  He was up in every second or third team and I only saw him miss once.  He was roping the hind feet after his partner got the head.

Waiting their turn

As soon as they were done, the rider would flick the rope off the legs and the steer would trot over to the gate.  They seemed to enjoy the game.


On Sunday, there were some nice clouds floating in the sky so I hopped in the RZR and went out toward the mountains to try my luck.  Unfortunately, the closer I got, the faster the clouds dissipated.  But I tried anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment