Saturday, March 10, 2018

A WILDLIFE BONANZA

My friend Richard and I went off on our own this past Thursday on a photo and geocaching trip.  We checked out several dead end trails that I couldn't easily take bigger groups on.  Many times I have gone by with lots of ATVs strung out behind me and wondered what might be up this or that trail.
These images were taken over a span of 2 and 1/2 hours and I was pretty excited to get up close and personal with the Javelinas.  I had spotted them at a distance and after looking over the terrain, thought I might be able to drop off the ridge I was on, down through a ravine and up the next ridge, and be in the midst of the six.  It worked perfectly and for the first time I was able to stand still and have Javelinas come to me.  I happened to have my old 5D Mk 2 camera with the 100-400 lens with me and it was in its element.

Red-tailed Hawk


Javelina testing a prickly pear cactus

Taking a bite

Yep, was tasty


Getting a little amorous

Wicked tooth

Matched pair





Can you see all four?

This is a series of a fast moving young bighorn ram







Further along I spotted these sheep on the skyline

Digging out my little superzoom Canon SX 50, I captured a closer image of the big sheep in the lower left of the last photo


This is my second post of the day.  If you scroll down a bit, you will find more photos posted today.

No comments:

Post a Comment