Monday, September 18, 2017

A BRIEF VISIT TO VICTORIA

We took a drive down to Victoria yesterday.  We took our friend Bev D with some things she wanted to move to her apartment down there.  We left her at the apartment for a few hours and went to Richard and Robin's for lunch.   Georgia was very pleased to show Grandma her new bedroom and also her playroom.  We took Georgia and wandered about in the intermittent rain for the afternoon.  Later, we picked up Bev then met Richard and Robin at Halibut House Chinese Restaurant for supper.  After eating, visiting and saying our goodbyes, Aileen, Bev and I headed back to Parksville and Errington.


Took a drive in the rain north of Victoria at Saanich for these two photos at Mitchell Farms


I wandered around Beacon Hill Park in Victoria for a bit and got the rest of today's photos

Reflections in a little stream

Some exotic looking plants

Up closer






I would think this little squirrel is used to performing for treats

All he got from me was a series of clicks

All the above photos were taken with my Canon 6D full frame DSLR using the 24-105 lens

Fall Crocus  The last six photos were taken with my Canon SX50 point and shoot camera

A sleeping drake


I saw a young couple crouched down beside the walkway.  They wondered if this bat was dead.

I saw movement so I turned it over with a stick and it stuck its tongue out at me

Seconds after this picture, the bat unfurled its wings and flew away looking very healthy.  Don't know what the issue was at the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment