Thursday, December 22, 2016

CHRISTMAS LIGHTS, RAIN AND SCANNING MEMORIES

I have been scanning old B&W negatives for several days which is why you will see a few of them down below in my photos.   The neighbours really get into decorating for the season down here and it is neat to walk or drive around at night to see their efforts.
I came down with a cold in the last couple of days so had to bow out of the happy hour last night.  It rained most of the night and several times today and we have had about 3/4 inch so far so there was no ATV ride today, not that I would have gone with my cold.
For those who celebrate, Merry Christmas!

We had seen the old Historic Florence Courthouse lit up one night when we were driving home after dark so I made a special effort the other night to capture it.  I took this image before it got dark.

This was shortly after the lights came on

After supper Aileen and I took a drive around Florence Gardens to look at their lights

This was a long exposure of the lights from the new electronic laser lights that are so popular this year

These two properties had a coordinated effort that was very effective

Taken December 20, this shows a bit of our fall colour out in the hills

This self portrait was taken back in the late 90s or early 2000s

I think in real estate jargon this would be referred to as the ability to use some sweat equity to improve your lot

Gently settling into its surroundings

Abandoned homestead in northern Oregon

These two images are of Ione Falls north of Nakusp, BC


No comments:

Post a Comment