Thursday, July 21, 2016

SECOND POST JULY 21, SCROLL DOWN FOR ONE MORE

Our lunch spot up at the end of Merry Widow Main logging road

I presume this is a copper outcropping.

This is for you Karen and Sandi!

I think this tunnel was constructed to transport ore down the mountain from the quarry to a tramway where it was taken further.

On this tramway

John F and Anne, Aileen, John R at an old growth Spruce tree

Aileen and Anne with an old growth Western Red Cedar.  Just after taking this photo, I dropped my lens cap into the lake.

Fortunately it was shallow enough I could strip down and retrieve it.  I had just paid nearly $20 a couple weeks ago, buying it to replace one lost in thick brush.

There were a few chunks of ore lying about

Yellow Monkey Flower

Willow Herb

Lily at the campsite office

Dahlia at the campsite office

Caterpillar on the RZR hood

A fawn we saw on one of our rides

No comments:

Post a Comment