Wednesday, February 3, 2016

STILL AILING

We're still mostly hiding out in the motor home trying to get rid of this nasty bug.  Aileen seems to be improving finally.  I don't know if I'm going to get it worse of not.  It seems to be staying the same right now or maybe a bit better.  We sure hope things change for the better pretty soon.    
We have started playing Crib again.  It was so long since we played, it took us a while to remember how it went.  I think Aileen remembered a lot better than me as she has won seven of the eight games played so far.  I did skunk her in the only game I won.  Maybe it will be my turn next time.
I took the RZR to town yesterday, going to both grocery stores and stopping at the Pit Stop to fill both five gallon water jugs.  Today my big RZR outing was to the garbage dump accessed by a back road from here and it is less than a mile each way.


This bird keeps visiting us everyday.  I shot this through the window from the couch this morning.  I still think it is a Northern Mockingbird.  If anyone knows differently, please advise.

There are several of these Desert  Shaggy Mane mushrooms in the wash across the road.  It always seems so strange to see mushrooms in the desert.   They are about six inches tall.

I played around with several of these Black-Chinned Hummingbirds this morning.  This was taken with my Canon SX50 handheld at the equivalent of  4788 mm.  I took the digital zoom out to 195 times the nominal 24 mm of the lens.

This was an immature Black-Chinned.  I was surprised at the loud cry he made.  I thought I was creeping up on some critter behind a bush when he suddenly called from the tree beside me.  Same magnification as the above.  When he flew off with one of the parents, I was amazed at how fast he went.

This was one of the concerned parents who kept flitting around while I was taking the above shot

No comments:

Post a Comment