Tuesday, December 8, 2015

DECEMBER ALREADY?

It is hard to believe that we are already well into December.  We are cooking a turkey today for our ATV club Christmas potluck tonight.  Two other turkeys and a ham are also being cooked by other members.  We've been having a run of nice weather again but our high for Saturday is forecast to be only 57F.  Its a tough life but somebody has to do it.  
This seems to be the winter for things breaking for me.  Now my big printer appears to have gone kaput.  It wants to impart a magenta cast on all my prints.  I have tried everything I can think of but it just keeps getting worse.  I even tried to find something on YouTube but nothing came up that matched my issue.
Solar power is becoming very popular here in AZ.  There are two very large complexes under construction within five miles of here and many houses also have roofs covered in panels that they are able to sell the excess power to the power company.  We already had a large solar farm a few miles north of us.

Since we made the decision to stay in the park over Christmas, I thought I would do some decorating.  Jacquie gave us this angel when they sold their lot.


We get a lot of nice sunrises and sunsets here in AZ.  This was yesterday morning.  Venus, I believe, is very close to the moon.  Click on the picture to enlarge.

I managed to capture a few images of this Northern Cardinal while on our ATV ride the other day.  Aileen spotted it while we were crawling up a rocky trail. 


We visited the petroglyphs in Cottonwood Wash the other day on our ride.  Here is a portrayal of a lady from long ago.


While the others were content to stay up on the trail, Aileen went down for a closer look.


On yesterday's ride, this Red Tailed Hawk let us drive past within about sixty feet without flying.  I even stopped for these two photos with four other ATVs bunched up with me.

What are you looking at??

No comments:

Post a Comment