Sunday, September 20, 2015

BACK TO HOME BASE

My brother in law John R just bought the side by side on the left and we went on an inaugural ride just before we left Vancouver Island

Two of my three brothers in law John.  My sister Susan's John R on the left and Aileen's sister Anne's John F on the right. with his dog Bryony.  These two Johns went to school together.

Ooh, a water crossing!

Last Thursday morning we boarded a ferry and left Vancouver Island.  This is looking towards Nanaimo as we pass by.

We stopped at Canyon Alpine RV  Park in the Fraser Canyon Thursday night to spread our trip over two days.  These mushrooms were close to our site.

Aileen and I saw this peaceful scene from the wharf on our walk yesterday morning

We went to the same place this morning but had to walk in the rain

Fall is coming!  That's our motor home peeking in at the side.

We are back at our home base of Salmon Arm for a few days catching up a bit of medical, some business and visiting family and friends.  I was pretty surprised to email my friend Doug to find he had sold his house and was moving to the Sunshine Coast of BC which is north of Vancouver and across the strait from Comox on Vancouver Island.  Two days later and I would have missed him.  He and I got together with our friend Jim for coffee that afternoon.  The three of us photographed together for years back before I retired and began this vagabond life with Aileen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment